Casseroles are a great way to use up all of the leftovers in your refrigerator. Instead of eating just a few potatoes or a couple of eggs, you can use them to make some very delicious Casseroles. There are many different Casseroles that you can make from the leftovers, whether it be baked or fried. In addition, you can also use any leftover meat for other recipes as well. Here is some Casserole Recipes that you can use from the leftovers that you have on hand. They are simple and easy to make.
First off, let’s take a look at how to prepare some chicken for a new recipe. You can either fry the chicken in olive oil or bake it. If you cook the chicken first then add it to the casserole dish, then place the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top, you will get a great tasting Casserole. If you bake the chicken first, then dip it in flour, season it with olive oil and bake it, you will get a great and even better tasting Casserole. Both of these will work great with your leftovers. Here is what you do first to prepare your chicken for any type of Casserole. Use the same ingredients, except you will use the same mixture for the breading of the chicken.
Place the chicken on your sheet pan and then season the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken and then place it in the oven and bake it until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. While the chicken is baking, place the bread crumbs in a food processor and grind them until they form a powder. Next, dip the chicken into the cheese mixture and then coat it in the breadcrumbs. Place the breaded chicken in the casserole and then place the Parmesan cheese on top and then cover it with aluminum foil and then bake it in the oven until the cheese melts and is golden brown, about half an hour.
Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Meatballs (I used about 1½ doz homemade meatballs) **Meatballs were fully cooked
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce (I used San Marzano Sauce)
- ½ yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- ¾ # spaghetti noodles
- 1-2 cups grated cheese (I used half colby-jack, half mozzarella)
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- In large cast iron skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over med/low heat. Add in garlic and continue sautéing until onions are tender.
- Add cooked meatballs.
- Add marinara sauce and tsp Italian seasoning.
- Heat over med/low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- In separate large pot, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions (under cook by 2 minutes).
- With large slotted spoon, scoop meatballs from sauce and set aside.
- Scoop cooked spaghetti (with large slotted spoon) into marinara sauce. Add in about ½ cup pasta cooking water. Gently stir until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
- Add cooked meatballs to top of spaghetti.
- Top with grated cheese & parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350* for approx 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
Source recipe: www.joyineveryseason.com
BEEF ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 10 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes and green chilies
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 19 oz enchilada sauce can
- 1 8oz shredded cheddar jack cheese bag
- Brown the ground beef in a large pot over medium heat. Once crumbled and brown transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drown.
- Rinse and dry the pot and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat. Once hot add the diced onion. Let cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the drained ground beef to the onion and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and add the chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Stir everything together so the ground beef is evenly coated in the spices.
- Now add the 10 oz can of Rotel and stir again. Let the mixture simmer on low for a few minutes. Then remove from heat.
- In a skillet heat up about a cup of vegetable oil over medium high heat. When the oil is very hot quickly fry the tortillas one at a time for a few seconds on each side. Then transfer the tortillas to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- To assemble the enchiladas take each tortilla and fill it with a small amount of the beef mixture and roll them up. Place them in a casserole dish.
- Once all the enchiladas are assembled in the casserole dish pour the can of enchilada sauce over them. Then top the enchiladas with the remaining ground beef mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over the enchiladas and bake in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve and garnish the dish with your favorite topping such as cilantro, avocado and sour cream.
Source recipe: thriftandspice.com
CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 lbs chicken shredded
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shredded chicken, onions, taco seasoning and a ¼ cup of water into a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the liquid has mostly disappeared.
- In a greased, 11×9 casserole dish add a ½ cup of the enchilada sauce to the bottom and then place two tortillas on top of it so that they cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place 1/3 of the chicken on top of the tortillas, followed by ½ cup of the enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat steps to create two more layers.
- Place the final two tortillas on top and pour remaining enchilada sauce over it followed by cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Source recipe: realhousemoms.com
Creamy Spinach Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pack the fresh spinach onto the bottom of the baking dish and top with uncooked chicken breasts.
- Spread the creamy sauce mixture evenly over the top and sprinkle 1 cup of grated cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until spinach shrinks and chicken breasts cook thoroughly.
Source recipe: www.alyonascooking.com
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese I used cheddar and Monterey Jack
- 4 cups Dorito chips I used nacho cheese flavor
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- cooking spray
- sour cream, cilantro and other taco toppings for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just browned, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add the onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and red salsa. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Lightly crush the Doritos. Spread 1/3 of the chips over the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 1/2 of the meat mixture on top of the chips, then add 1/3 of the cheese in an even layer.
- Repeat the process with another 1/3 of the chips, the rest of the meat, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Add the remaining chips, then the final layer of cheese. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and green onions over the casserole, then serve. Top with additional taco flavorings such as sour cream, olives, etc. if desired.
Source recipe: www.dinneratthezoo.com
Easy Chicken Green Chili Casserole
- 2 lb shredded chicken, cooked
- 3 T taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup chili verde salsa (chunky works best)
- 1 4 oz can of mild green chilis, drained
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 5 oz sliced or shredded Colby jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the taco seasoning, salsa, green chilis and cottage cheese
- Mix in the shredded chicken and blend well
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spreay
- Spoon mixture into an 11×7 baking dish
- Top the casserole with the sliced or shredded cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, optional
Source recipe: wholelottayum.com
EASY FREEZER MEAL PIZZA CASSEROLE RECIPE
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian Sausage)
- 6 oz pepperoni
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef and drain any sausage.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and the garlic salt. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile boil pasta according to directions but cook to al dente, meaning you want the pasta to be firm and undercooked.
- Drain pasta and pour half of the pasta in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the pasta.
- Top with half the Mozzarella cheese.
- Lay half the pepperonis on top.
- Then later the remaining pasta, meat sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Source recipe: www.eatingonadime.com
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped jalapeno
- 1 can ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 corn tortillas (broken up into 6 pieces each)
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium skillet, brown the beef and then drain.
- Add onions, salt, chili powder, cumin, and jalapeno to the beef and stir.
- Spray a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Add meat; start to make layers by adding the ranch style beans, tomatoes, mushroom soup, tortillas, and then shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers and bake for 50 minutes.
Source recipe: azestybite.com
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 8 oz. egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef, I use 85% lean
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 + 3/4 cups cheddar cheese,, shredded
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook the egg noodles for one minute less than instructed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch Oven or large pot. Add the ground beef and cook and crumble until it’s browned and cooked through. Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked beef from the pot and set aside, leave the grease in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the butter to the pan and swirl around until it’s melted.
- Use a fork to stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Stir in half of the beef broth until incorporated, then add the second half.
- Use a spatula to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, this will give the sauce plenty of flavor.
- Mix in the sour cream, mustard, and half of the cheese until well-combined. (Sour cream will keep melting and will eventually incorporate into the mix.) Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the ground beef back to the sauce. Use a silicone spatula to carefully mix in the egg noodles.
- Pour into a 9×13 greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- If serving immediately, bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is hot and melted.
- If serving at a later date, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to two days.
- Bake refrigerated casserole at 375 degrees for 25 minutes covered, and an additional 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve!
Source recipe: thecozycook.com
Italian Ground Beef Casserole with Biscuit Topping
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, carrots and corn (or any mixed vegetables), thawed
- 1 (16 oz) can refrigerated flaky layer biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, breaking up as it cooks. When it is about half-way cooked through, add the onion and continue to cook until the onion is soft and the ground beef is fully cooked. Drain, if necessary, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the 3/4 cup water, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread half of the hot meat mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 2/3 cup of the mozzarella, then spread the vegetables evenly over the cheese. Top with another 2/3 cup of mozzarella. Spread the remaining meat mixture over the top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Open the biscuits and split each biscuit in half lengthwise, making 16 thinner biscuits. Arrange layers of the biscuits over the top, overlapping, in 3 rows of 5 each. (You will have one half of a biscuit leftover.)
- Brush the melted butter over the tops of the biscuits. Sprinkle with the oregano. Bake the casserole until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Source recipe: www.tasteandtellblog.com
Lazy Lasagna Baked Ravioli Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar approximately 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 bag approximately 25 ounces square shaped cheese ravioli (no need to thaw)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium skillet, crumble and brown the ground beef over medium heat until completely browned. Drain off the excess fat.
- Reserve ¾ cup of the spaghetti sauce; set aside. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Stir well then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread ¼ cup of the reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Arrange one third of the frozen ravioli in a single layer in the pan.
- Top the ravioli in the pan with half of the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place another 1/3 of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the meat sauce and cheese. Top with the rest of the meat sauce and another 1/3 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the final 1/3 of the frozen ravioli on top of the casserole. Top with the remaining ½ cup of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and beginning to bubble around the edges.
Source recipe: www.craftymorning.com
SAUSAGE & CREAM CHEESE GRITS CASSEROLE
- 1-1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 12-ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook pork sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in cream cheese and break into crumbles. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add chicken stock; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add Velveeta cheese and butter; stir until melted. Stir in milk. Slowly stir in eggs until blended. Stir in 3/4 of sausage mixture.
- Transfer grits to prepared dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and remaining sausage crumbles.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes.
- *Freezer Meal – cover and freeze unbaked. When ready to bake, place in refrigerator and let thaw overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Increase baking time to 60 minutes.*
Source recipe: www.plainchicken.com
Tater Tot Casserole
- 32 Ounce Package Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 White onion, Diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 10 Ounce Can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 10 Ounce Can Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 1 15.2 Ounce Can Corn, Drained
- 1 14.5 Ounce Can Green Beans, Drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef along with the onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce until the beef is no longer pink. Draine grease if necessary.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef mixture with the sour cream, both cans of soup, corn, green beans, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Spread the beef and soup mixture into the prepared pan. Top with an even layer of tater tots and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, until tater tots are brown and the casserole is bubbling.
- Top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Source recipe: thesaltymarshmallow.com